Turmeric might seem like an odd choice for a fudge recipe, but the earthy, peppery flavor really balances out the sweetness from the dates and chocolate. It’s delicious, distinctive and it looks cool! A real crowd pleaser.
- 1 1/2 cup pitted dates, soaked in hot water
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup almond butter or coconut oil
- 2 tbsp turmeric
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 1 scoop collagen powder
- 3 tbsp adaptogen powder
- 1 tbsp maca
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, combine the dates and nut butter or coconut oil. Process until a smooth paste is formed.
- Add in the cocoa powder and 1/2 the turmeric, reserving some to dust over the top. If you’re adding any optional add-ins, add them at this stage. Continue to blend until evenly combined.
- Once combined, transfer the chocolate fudge mixture to the prepared pan. Using your hands or a spatula, press the fudge down into one even layer then sprinkle over the remaining turmeric.
- Allow the fudge to set in the fridge for a minimum of 6 hours to overnight.
- To serve, remove from the pan and slice into squares. Enjoy!
- Cover and store leftover fudge in the fridge for up to 7 days. Leftovers can also be frozen for up to 3 weeks. Thaw in the fridge to eat from frozen.